<% = BreadCrumb(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO")) %>
Special Missions #17- "All in a Night's Work"
Writer: Larry Hama
Penciler: Herb Trimpe
A small team of Joes are called in by the FBI to what appears to be a hostage situation. In actuality, it's a clever scam devised by a corrupt corporation and Cobra. By staging a "hostage situation", the company can destroy all their incriminating documents. Stalker and the Joes see through the plan by outsmarting the corporate suits, Cobra and the FBI guy who wanted them to take the fall.
- Finally, Shockwave debuts in an actual story. It's a story very well suited for his SWAT background, too.
- The gimmick of this story is that the Joes are awoken in the middle of the night for this quick job.
- Stalker mistakenly calls Sneak Peek "Low-light" in one panel. Again, it's probably the abundance of characters on the roster.
- The captured Cobra troopers swallowed microfilm, but Stalker trumps the plan by having the troopers get x-rayed. The X-rays will end up destroying the film.
- The action takes place in the well-fortified office of Nexus Tech, resembling a bunker, in "Siliconville, CA"
Characters (figures): Dusty, Stalker, Hit n' Run, Hardball, Muskrat, Shockwave, Scarlett, Sneak Peek, Scrap-Iron
Characters ("comic-only"): Wendell Freen (Nexus Tech), Chief Mortimer (local cops), Inspector Saxon (FBI)
Vehicles and stuff (toys): none
Vehicles and stuff (not toys): GI Joe C-130
Characters: Shockwave, Inspector Saxon
Rating: Rating: 2 Flag Points
Back to GI Joe Comic Index Main Page
Back to Comics index