<% = BreadCrumb(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO")) %>
GI Joe #175
Writer: Larry Hama
Penciler: S.L. Gallant
Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and Boris face off with the Revanche Robotics android (officially named a "Cobalt Chimera"). As they fight, we're introduced to a new six-armed Blue Ninja cyborg (going by "BN001"), who's controlling everything from afar. The Ninjic Trio manage to defeat the Cobalt with some white noise and well-placed swrodplay. The Chimera literally stomped an imprint in Boris's head, though.
Cobra Commander and a squad of Vipers arrive at Revanche afterwards. They had been questioning Sensei Moskovina, even shooting her in the (cybernetic) head. The Baroness is also mobilizing, as she leaves Castle Destro and is tracked by the Joes at the Pit.
- It's a little bit of a conundrum how Revanche is supposed to be this high-tech agency, but aside from a wild robot the security at their office is kinda' thin.
- No idea where they're going with Revanche and the Blue Ninjas. I just hope Dr. Venom is not included. I was maybe thinking Fred VII, the impostor Cobra Commander from 1987-90 might be involved, since he was a mechanical genius and built Billy's cybernetic leg. We never did meet his family... and there's a Crimson Guard story coming out in the new "Annual". But what sort of grudge would Fred or his "kin" have against the Arashikage clan?
- I didn't catch it in past issues, but Sensei Moskovina is supposed to be a woman. I blame that oversight on the uni-sex face that SL Gallant seems to use.
- I don't think I mentioned this; for the record Revanche's offices are located in Hackensack, New Jersey.
- In another "Easter Egg" shot of the Pit, we get cameos of the HAVOC, APC and others. I've heard from other fans that these shots have included some of the new vehicles as well; like the ROCC and other stuff produced since 2005. Honestly, I'm going to have touble recognizing and scoring these newer vehicles, so any help is appreciated.
- I've also noticed that Scarlett seems to have ditched her trademark ponytail. She just has shoulder length red hair now.
- The password for entry into the Pit in this issue is "Hegel", with the acknowledgement of "Kant": two (somewhat opposing) philosophers of German Idealism (yeah, I just Googled that, but it makes me feel SMART, goshdarnit).
Characters (figures): Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, Scarlett, Spirit Iron-Knife, Stalker, Mainframe, Leatherneck, Clutch, Snow Job (cameo), Cobra Commander, Baroness, Destro
Characters ("comic-only"):Middle Master ("Boris"), Sensei Moskovina, BN-001
Vehicles and stuff (toys): Cobra Hurricane VTOL, HAVOC (cameo), APC (cameo)
Vehicles and stuff (not toys):none to speak of
Vehicles and stuff: none
Rating: 3 Flag Points
Back to GI Joe Comic Index Main Page
Back to Comics index