<% = BreadCrumb(Request.ServerVariables("PATH_INFO")) %>
Writer: Larry Hama
Penciler: John Statema
In Benzheen City, a Joe armored column runs into new Cobra operative, Metal-Head. A one man anti-tank machine, he leads them into a maze or traps and obstacles. He's about to blow away the Joes, when Hot Seat receives an important transmission-- the war is over. Cobra Commander and the Emir of Benzheen met in the neighboring country of Qaugmahr and cut a deal (actually Cobra Commander forcefully coerced the Emir into the deal)
Meanwhile, back at... Cobra Island (!), a crew of Vipers finds a tunnel in the volcano. They follow it to the buried freighter and find a slew of dead bodies. But two are missing: Billy and Zartan!
- Once again, the big battle is called to a halt when a clandestine deal is cut. Booooo. Hama's used this plot device too often.
- Steeler makes a crack about the guys on the ground in their "LPC's: Leather Personnel Carriers". Funny way of saying: "shoes".
- There's a little friendly competition between the Joes on the Raider, the Joes on the Hammer and the Joes on the ground.
- Steeler has his first signifcant action since...issue 28? It can be assumed that he's in charge of this mission.
- It's confirmed that all the guys in the freighter died of botulism-- suffered from the ham & lima bean C-rations they were living on.
- 8 dead bodies are clearly seen in the Cobra Island freighter. 10 significant characters were trapped in there...but there were also a few extra Vipers and Crimson Guardsmen that Cobra Commander tossed in for the hell of it.
- GI Joe Dossier is of Flint.
Characters (figures): Steeler, Rock & Roll, Dusty, Salvo, Hot Seat, Metal-Head, Cobra Commander
Characters ("comic-only"): Emir of Benzheen, Salim (Emir's bodyguard, croaks)
Vehicles and stuff (toys): Hammer, Raider
Vehicles and stuff (not toys): none
Characters: Salvo, Metal-Head
Vehicles and stuff: none
Rating: 3 Flag Points
Back to GI Joe Comic Index Main Page
Back to Comics index